Below is the schedule of events for Bike to Work Week:
- Monday, May 13th: Kick-off Ride: Opening day ride with area bicycle enthusiasts & commuters. 7:30 a.m. start from Silver Lake Mall, in front of the new Sports Authority, to the Coeur d’Alene Library for coffee and doughnuts.
- Tuesday, May 14th: Bike Safety Class: Come and learn the safe and proper way to operate your bicycle at Coeur d’Alene Fire Station # 3, located at 1500 N 15th Street near Cherry Hill Park from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 15th: Moonlight Ride: Starts at 9 p.m. at Vertical Earth in Riverstone and follows the Centennial Trail out to Higgins Point and ends back at Moontime…HEADLIGHTS REQUIRED.
- Thursday, May 16th: Beer Tasting & A Movie: Pilgrims Market is hosting the movie “Klunkerz: A Film about Mountain Bikes” at 6:00 p.m., preceded by beer & wine tasting at 5:30 p.m. * Bicycle Maintenance and Repair Clinic also starts at 5:30 pm.
- Saturday, May 18th: Roots Pursuit: This event is a bicycle scavenger hunt-type event in which participants will bike to various parks and gather points to win prizes. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. and the event starts at 10:00 a.m. at the Community Garden (SE corner of 10th and Foster).
- Saturday, May 18th: Corporate Challenge Recognition Ceremonies: The awards ceremony and raffle drawings start at 12:00 Noon in the Community Garden (SE corner of 10th and Foster). Bring your bike helmet & enter raffle prize giveaways.
See more event details @ www.cdaidparks.org.
For more information on how you or your business can be involved with Bike to Work Week 2013, please contact Monte McCully at (208) 292-5766.