Last evening, the Coeur d’Alene Fire Department was dispatched to a reported structure fire at the Days Inn, 2200 Northwest Blvd. Reporting party advised a fire in the laundry room. Upon arrival, 2 minutes after alarm, crews found fire in the ceiling of the guest laundry room. Upon announcement of a working fire, a 2nd alarm was requested, bringing a mutual aid engine from Northern Lakes Fire Protection District. The fire was quickly knocked down, primary search of the second floor guest rooms was completed, and removal of smoke from the building started. The ceiling and wall around the fire area was opened to check for extension with none found. Upon completion of Fire Department operations, guests were allowed to reoccupy their rooms.