Monday, November 08, 2010 marks the start of the CITY OF COEUR D ALENE annual leaf pick-up program. Please be sure to keep leaves on your property until Monday, November 1st. Please rake your leaves and pine needles about one foot away from the gutter/curb line to allow for water drainage. City crews and equipment are limited, so we need your help. Leaves will be picked up only once. Please do not put leaves in the street after city crews have completed your area, and do not include bagged leaves, branches, rubble, or refuse.
Due to weather conditions, equipment malfunctions, and unforeseen circumstances, city crews are unable provide a precise schedule of where leaf pick-up will take place. Pick-up will start south of Sherman Avenue and move north. Completion is expected by Wednesday, November 24, 2010.
Leaf-fest 2010 Tips
· Have your leaves out by November 1st – but not much earlier.
· Please move cars off of the street if at all possible during leaf pick-up.
· Keep the leaves about one foot off the curb line to facilitate stormwater flow.
· Be alert for leaf pick-up equipment traveling through your neighborhood.
· Keep a safe distance away from leaf pick-up heavy equipment.
· Recognize that we have a tough job to do in a very short window between when the leaves fall and when the snow flies.
· Understand that city and private trucks are exempted from tarping loads during the leaf pick-up period. Sweepers will follow city trucks to collect remaining/excess leaves.
· Bag the leaves.
· Mix branches, rubble or other refuse in with the leaves.
· Miss the deadline… we only have time for one pass!
If you have questions or need additional information please check the website streets.cdaid.org or call the Street Maintenance Information line 769-2233.