City crews and equipment are limited, thus your help is needed. Leaves will be picked up only once. Please do not put leaves in the street after city crews have completed your area. Rake your leaves and pine needles about a foot from the gutter/curb line to allow for water drainage. Please do not include BAGGED leaves, branches, rubble or refuse.
Due to weather conditions, equipment malfunctions and unforeseen circumstances the city crews are unable to schedule what areas we will be in on designated days. Pickup will start south of Sherman Avenue and work north to complete leaf pick up. Completion is expected by Wednesday, November 25, 2009. If you have questions or need additional information, please call the Street Maintenance Department at 769‑2233.
"Leaf-fest 2009” Tips
- Have your leaves out by November 2.
- Keep the leaves about one foot away from the curb line to facilitate stormwater flow.
- Be alert for leaf pick-up equipment traveling through your neighborhood.
- Keep a safe distance away from leaf pick up heavy equipment.
- Recognize that we have a tough job to do in a very short window between when the leaves fall and when the snow flies.
- Understand that City and private trucks are exempted from tarping loads during the leaf pick-up period. Sweepers will follow City trucks to collect remaining/excess leaves.
- Bag the leaves.
- Mix branches, rubble or other refuse in with the leaves.
- Miss the deadline… we only have time for one pass!
- There is NO CHARGE to residents that haul leaves, pine needles, limbs, branches or debris to the landfill.
- Waste Management will charge for extra bagged leaves.